Damage check prior to collecting the cargo
- The driver should check the cargo for damage prior to collection from the terminal.
- If an apparent damage is detected, the driver should request for a damage/recheck report and make sure that the damage report is countersigned by Transfennica’s representative in the port.
- It is highly recommended that the driver takes pictures of the damaged cargo at the terminal.
- Please note that Transfennica Ltd cannot accept a claim without a damage/recheck report specifying the damaged cargo issued prior to taking delivery of the cargo at the terminal.
- Transfennica Ltd should be hold responsible in writing latest within three (3) days after delivery of the cargo together with a copy of the signed damage/recheck report.
- All damage notifications should be addressed to the claims department: email@example.com
- After the claims notification, Transfennica Ltd will start investigations and will respond once the investigations have been finalized.
- In order for Transfennica Ltd to complete the case file, a repair estimate including a detailed breakdown must be provided upon request.
- Depending on the claim amount and circumstance of the claim, Transfennica Ltd will reserve the right to instruct a surveyor to inspect the claimed damage.
- Upon written acceptance from Transfennica Ltd an invoice for the agreed costs together with a copy of the original invoice (from the repair shop) can be sent to our head office in Helsinki for payment.
Uudenmaankatu 20 B
- For all claims related matters, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All correspondence should be in English language.
- Our claims procedure is based on the Transfennica Ltd Standard Conditions of Carriage. The conditions can be viewed on our website: Standard Conditions of Carriage and can be provided to you upon request.